Shivapuri Trek is one of the famous and best short hikes in Nepal which is located in the north of the mid-hills border from the Capital city of Kathmandu. Shivapuri Hiking will offer you to explore the youngest national park called Shivapuri National Park, established in 2002AD. This adventurous Shivapuri Hiking offers you to admire stunning views of Langtang Himalayas, Ganesh Himal Ranges, Jungle Himal, Manaslu, eagle-eye view of Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati River, Bagdwar, wonderful nature, and surrounding. Shivapuri Hiking is a short and easy adventure near the Capital city of Nepal where you can witness wildlife and varieties of bird’s species. Beside this, you can also enjoy Jungle Safari, where you will get an opportunity to encounter with the different animals.
Shivapuri Hiking is an outstanding choice for those trekkers who want to take a full enjoy within a limited time and penetrate into popular Shivapuri wildlife reserve, Sundarijal-Shivapuri National Park which is situated at the altitude of 2563m.This National park is well-known for biodiversity trekking route which follows the Nagarkot, Gosainkunda, Helambu and the Langtang National Park which also offers amazing views of majestic Himalaya. The National Park is full of oaks and rhododendron trees, Moss, shielding ferns and a large variety of grass with wildlife including Himalayan black Bear, Jungle cats, Leopards, Golden Jackal, Rhesus Monkeys and many more. Not only this, you will also get chances to experience the cultural diversity of rural village life and their unique culture and traditions.
Adventurous Shivapuri Hiking officially begins from Budhanilkantha, a famous place for stunning views of eastern mountains ranges, impressive sunrise, and sunset. From Budhanilkantha you will drive uphill and reach to the Shivapuri National Park gate and explore the place. And finally return back to Kathmandu.
- Encounter with wildlife and Birds species.
- Birds-eye view of Kathmandu Valley•
- Panoramic view from Shivapuri Peak
- Nagi Gompa and Nuns
- Captivating Sunrise and Sunset views from Nagarkot
- Local villages lifestyle and their unique culture and traditions
- Flora and fauna of Shivapuri National Park
- Pleasant views of mountains, valley, and terrain
- Hiking from Kakani/Shivapuri National Park/Chisapani/ Nagarkot
- Visits Sundarijal
- A hilltop Buddhist monastery
- Shivapuri National Park
- Bhudanilkantha Temple & monastery
- Kathmandu major world heritage sites; Pashupatinath, Syambhunath, Boudhanath and Kathmandu Darbar Square and so on